Darwin “Dar” Ringling, CMA, CFM
Occupation: Financial Consultant/Accountant
Education: Master of Business Administration, with Honors; Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration;
Certifications: Certified Management Accountant; Certified Financial Manager
My wife and I love living in the wonderful and unique coastal community of Carpinteria. I want to serve and protect the charming, small-town culture that we all love and enjoy. There is no place on earth like Carpinteria. I earned my Masters in Business Administration from Grand Valley State University and have been married to my wife Darla for over 35 years. Together we have two adult children that live in Colorado Springs.
OWNER/PRESIDENT, RINGLING FINANCIAL SERVICES (Carpinteria, CA) 2015-Current
Providing contract/temporary full range CFO services. Clients include companies such as Bragg Live Foods ($100 million manufacturer: 10 month assignment to clean up accounting and inventory issues), Boku International (Manufacturer: Current assignment Controllership services), Teeccino Inc. (Manufacturer: Current assignment Controllership services), Murray Sports (Non-profit: Current assignment accounting software conversion) and various clients.
CFO-DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING /FINANCE, ROCK CHURCH and ACADEMY (San Diego, CA) 2010-2015
Twenty thousand member church with multiple campuses, bookstore, thrift stores and a school. $30M revenue with multiple revenue streams.
Responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities, including day to day supervision of accounting team, annual audit, retail accounting (Bookstores and Thrift stores), banking and cash management, all facets of liability and D&O insurance and liability risk management. Rock Charitable Foundation Board Member, Treasurer/CFO
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, WAY-FM MEDIA GROUP (Colorado Springs, CO) 2005-2010
Owner and operator of radio stations across the USA with over 100 signals. $20M revenue.
Executive team member reporting to the President, responsible for the stewardship of the finances.
Responsibility: cash flow, financial reporting, banking relationships, budgeting, station acquisitions, financial review, monitoring and control of individual stations and Board of Director’s financial reporting.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER/DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION, MESSENGER INTERNATIONAL (Colorado Springs, CO) 2001-2005
Messenger International is an international organization with offices in the US, UK and Australia.
- Primary responsibility was to lead and oversee the financial management of the global operations with locations in United States, Europe and Australia; to enable the President to focus on speaking and writing.
- Responsible for strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and control of ministry operations to ensure maximum ministry outreach.
- Successfully managed 30% annual growth in revenue, net assets and ministry outreach each year through the use of increased efficiency, industry best practices and technology.
- Facilitated start-up and organization of the Australia non-profit corporation to be financially self-sufficient in 18 months.
- Re-organized the European organization to turn it cash flow positive without decreasing ministry effectiveness.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, WATERSTONE FOUNDATION (Colorado Springs, CO) 1998–2001
The Waterstone Foundation is a foundation with over $100 million in assets. Their purpose is to facilitate giving. They also manage the National Foundation, the Charities Support Foundation and the XBE Foundation.
- Treasurer of Waterstone Foundation, National Foundation, Inc., Charities Support Foundation, Inc. and XBE Foundation, Inc.
- Responsible for the administration of the financial function of all four foundations.
- Responsible for annual audits.
- Led the Trust Department (Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Remainder Unitrusts, Charitable Gift Annuities, etc.). Facilitated fundraising and planned giving programs.
- Administrator for the Investment Committee. Created and implemented the investment policy.
Previous Professional Experience:
Controller, Mountain Air Express (Colorado Springs, CO) Commercial airline
Controller, Waymar Industries (Grand Rapids, MI) Manufacturer
General Accounting Supervisor, Benteler Industries, Inc. (Grand Rapids, MI) International manufacturer
CERTIFIED MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT, 2002 (test score was top 10% of the country)
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL MANAGER, 2002 (test score was top 15% of the country)
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, GRAND VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (GPA 3.94)
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, CALVIN COLLEGE
MORTGAGE BROKER, REAL ESTATE LICENSE, 2016
DISNEY INSTITUTE, 2013
INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANTS – SANTA BARBARA CHAPTER, President 2018
REALITY CHURCH (Carpinteria, CA) Offering count volunteer, Facilities volunteer, 2016 – Current
MIRACLE 139 INTERNATIONAL (San Diego, CA) Board Member, Treasurer, 2016 – 2017
INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANTS (San Diego, CA) Board Member, VP Education, 2011 – 2016
ROCK CHURCH FOUNDATION (San Diego, CA) Board Member, Treasurer/CFO, 2011 – 2015
ROCK CHURCH (San Diego, CA) Special Needs Sunday School and Marriage Ministry; 2010 – 2015
LUV’EM UP MINISTRY, Inc. Serving special needs individuals (San Diego, CA) Board Member, 2013 – 2015
SAN DIEGO HALF MARATHON Treasurer/CFO 2012 -2015